My Experience @ Sitecore Symposium 2014



I had the pleasure to attend the Sitecore Symposium 2014 in Las Vegas, NV last week. The fokes at Sitecore really did a good job getting people excited for Sitecore 8.0 release. It was really exciting. Here is the list of sessions I attended:
  • Developer Track Keynote: Why did you do that?
  • Sitecore® Experience Database™: Upgrading Sitecore to the cloud and beyond
  • Get with the Experience! Information architecting to unlock the full potential of the Experience Editor
  • Take charge of your Sitecore instance using Sitecore tools
  • How Project Skynet will change the way we create content
  • Comcast—The ultimate scaling story (reviewed a recording of this on because I know people, it was at the same time as SkyNet)
  • A Sitecore developer's introduction to MongoDB®
  • Sitecore's web API, SPEAK, Sitecore® Experience Database™, rocks, and workflows all in one!
  • Making ultra-fast, ultra-scalable solutions with Sitecore
  • Extending the Experience Profile™
  • Sitecore X-Developer class 101: Upgrade your superpowers to match the next-generation Sitecore® Experience Platform™
It was all really good stuff, but the real motivation that I have for writing this blog post is because of the amazing showmanship shown by Mike Reynolds and Sean Holmesby Take charge of your Sitecore instance using Sitecore tools. They talked about so much stuff in such a short amount of time. The topics included:
  • SIM (Sitecore Instance Manager)
  • Extending SIM
  • Sitecore Rocks (in general)
  • Extending Sitecore Rocks
  • Sitecore Rocks Query Builder
  • Sitecore Powershell Extensions
  • Sitecore Workflows
  • Developing custom SPEAK Applications
  • TDS (Team Developer for Sitecore)
  • Razl
  • Twitter integration
  • MongoDB/xDB (Sitecore® Experience Database™)
They went over so much any other set of speakers would have would have lost their audiences within the first 10 seconds.....but not these guys. It was by far the most entertaining presentation I could have imagined. In fact, I sat in the very front row with every intention of heckling Sean and giving him a hard time (I work closely with him currently). That never happened. By the end of the talk I was so blown away, I was left speechless.
I wish I could share the session in it's entirety but what I can do is share the output of the app they wrote live in front of us. 
Here it is, the #SitecoreSelfie Song:


(And look who made the youtube video thumbnail....It's ME!!!)
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment